Art First. Always
A tattoo studio in Wirral, north west England, we are a small team of artists each specialising in their field. But importantly, we are a studio who believes we deliver more.
You can learn more about our artists and manager here however our skills as tattoo artists is not all we offer our customers. At Nomad Ink we provide service as well as skill.
“It doesn’t take much to be a successful artist - all you need to do is dedicate your entire life to it.”
You will find in-depth explanations of what you can expect from us here but to summarise…
- Full consultation and design service.
- Your time is yours alone. Consultations are by appointment only meaning when it comes to your tattoo, your artist will not be pulled away by anyone else.
- This includes artist’s personal visits or phone calls. Full professional service.
- Artists are specialists in their field, tattooing their chosen style almost exclusively.
- Private rooms. Your tattoo will be done in the privacy and luxury of your artist’s own room. Choose the movie or music, sit back and relax.
- Design approval in advance. appointment to view, discuss, approve or amend your design before booking your tattoo.
Portraits, Realism, Japanese
By Lewis Sherlock
- Black & Grey
Illustration, Colour, Portraits
By Sophie Burke
- Full Colour
- Cult Classics
- Story Telling
Nomad Ink started as a husband and wife team, one tattoo artist and one business development manager. The idea to work together came one evening during 18 months of travel in the back of a van. Hence the name.
Studio owner and manager Jo wanted to bring the service, approachability and professional environment she and others had found lacking in many studios. Tattoo artist Lewis wanted to bring an ‘art first’ approach, ensuring both he and every future artist at Nomad Ink specialises, learns and creates continually. Both in tattooing and other art mediums.
In 2019 illustration artist Sophie Burke came to us to learn to tattoo. Sophie embodies everything we represent at Nomad Ink – a perfect fit and another incredible artist. In 2021 artist Chaz Astbury joined the team and has hit the ground running. The renovations of our building and expansion of our studio continues in 2022. We’d love to see you there.